Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines Day

This Valentines day was really nice, different, but nice.
Around 4:00 am I woke up and could not go back to sleep. After a pointless hour of trying I decided to just get and start my day. After takeing a shower and getting mostly ready I started to make Chris breakfast. He had said that he had never had breakfast in bed before, and since he's impossible to shop for food is usually the best thing you can get him. lol.While I was cooking in the kitchen his breakfast surprise he came walking sleepily downstairs. He said he couldnm't sleep anymore without me, so he laid down on the couch and just hung out with me while I cooked. I sent Chris back upstairs when his valentines day breakfast was ready. I made french toast, eggs, bacon, sausage, and had a bowl of fresh fruit all ready to go on our new breakfast tray. We made it through breakfast without spilling almost anything.

We left to Salt Lake around 8am for my cousin Christy's Wedding.It was a beautiful ceremony, and Christy and James are so perfect for each other. They were sealed by Elder Scott, and it was cute, after giving them some advice he asked "do you have any questions of me?" The look on their faces was priceless. I mean what would you ask if you had the opportunity to ask an apostle of the Lord anything you wanted. lol. After the ceremony we all stood outside in the snow taking family pictures for what felt like an hour. I made the bad decision of wearing open toed high heels. Needless to say my feet were freezing and killing me. Because they had their reception the night before we were finished and home by 4pm. We both weren't feeling very good so we went to bed and slept until 7pm. We considered going out but didn't feel like waiting forever for a table. So we went to the mall, got some flamming wok and an orange Julius, went home and watched the all star slam dunk contest.

So that was our Valentines day. it was really low key, but exactly what we wanted.

1 comment:

Steffani Dastrup said...

What a nice V-day! You are sweet to cook Chris breakfast! Especially being prego! I know how hard it is to get out of bed and be productive! I'm excited to see you guys on Sat!

Forever!!!