Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Go Miss California!


I didn't watch the Miss USA Pagent, but I just saw an interview with Miss California on the Today show. I am so proud of her for standing up for what she believes in and not bending to what many others feel is "right." When asked by Perez Hilton, Judge #8, how she felt about gay marriage and if all states should legalize it like Vermont she said she believes that marriage is between a husband and a wife and that she doesn't support it. He flipped out and has been calling her names all weekend and said that if she had won the title he would have "gotten up on stage and taken the crown from her".
During her interview on the Today show she said that she wouldn't change her answer for the world, and that she wasn't going to sit on the fence on something that requires you to be on one side or the other! Go Miss California!

If you want to see the interview go here:
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/30322011#30322011

4 comments:

Camie said...

I'm proud of her for standing by her beliefs. It's too bad she's receiving so much backlash for having good values.

Emily said...

that's awesome. i heard there was something going on with her but never knew what. how great. how's the baby coming?

Rasmussen Family said...

Go Miss California! It's good to see someone with good values standing up for what they believe in! You go girl:) Anyway, let me know when the baby comes. I'm so excited for you!!!
Whitney

Nikki Nelson said...

I can't believe how much crap she's gotten about it.... well, okay maybe I can. But I'm very appauled that there hasn't been more people vocally supporting her. She's been getting slammed for the comments, and yet nobody is really sticking up for her. I'm proud of her. If I were asked about it, I'd totally stand up and support her.
How's little Boston doin? How are you doin?

Forever!!!