Monday, May 2, 2011

Happenings

I did it! I'm done! I'm so excited to be done with school.
Last fall I almost quit, threw in the towel.
But with the support and encouragement of the people around me, I pushed forward. Looking back I'm so happy I finished!
Here are a few pictures of that glorious day!



My Support System




Me singing with a group at the convocation for the school of education. I actually had a solo part, and I was terrified. There were a lot more people there than I had imagined. But I made it through without my voice squeaking...too much. :)



I seriously could NOT have done this without my amazing family. I'm so blessed to have such an incredible support system!

Today was also Boston's Birthday!!! I can't believe my baby is two! I wish I could freeze him in time.



He was a little nervous when everybody started singing Happy Birthday. He got over it pretty quickly and was happy to blow out his candles.



He's obsessed with Cars (the Movie) and Tangled. I figured since Tangled wasn't as manly as cars we'd go with a Cars/Lightening Mcqueen birthday.



This is my attempt at a race car track cake. I had planned to make a heavenly cream cheese frosting, but failed miserably. Chris broke the sabbath and went to the store to buy frosting 30 minutes before everybody arrived to help calm me down and stop me from crying. What? I'm pregnant!



Boston gets so spoiled on his birthday since he is the only grandchild, nephew, etc. He got crayons, cars, coloring books, everything a kid could want! His favorite gift was a soccer ball, and pop up goals so he could practice his shooting.



He kicks the ball into the net, then throws up his arms and screams "GOAL!!!!" I love it.



Here is Boston, surrounded by his toys and watching Tangled. This kid doesn't know how good he has it. :)

Last night we moved him into his big boy bed. I burst into tears after we shut his door (remember, I'm pregnant). I was sad that he is no longer my baby, except that he is and will always be. If I'm not careful, I'll end up like Marie on Everybody loves Raymond.

Life is fantastic. I'm currently 28.5 weeks pregnant, and feeling like I'm 35 weeks pregnant. She's healthy, I'm healthy, and we're all looking forward to her joining us in July.

3 comments:

Jenn and Chris Rasmussen said...

Congrats on the big accomplishment. I think you look great and I can't believe how fast they grow up. C has been in his big boy bed for a little over a week and it is sad. Cute cake Carter loved looking at the pictures.

Tiffany W said...

A solo, I'm impressed! Congratulations and good job on the cake. It looks awesome!

RitanSands said...

congrats again! you look wonderful!!!

Forever!!!