Monday, October 29, 2012

Windsor Castle

Two Saturdays ago we woke up with the intention of going to a stunning castle (forgot the name) and a few Pride and Prejudice spots, but turns out the castle was super expensive, like $150 for three of us. So we decided to print off some vouchers and try again another week. Instead we went to Windsor, and Windsor Castle. 
 The gate at Windsor. 

 Just a small part of this castle. I was seriously huge! It was also 35 pounds a person to get it, or close to $60 per person, so We decided to skip it. Not to mention the line to get in super long, and the kids, nor the adults, were in the mood to stand. 

 So we let them just run. 

 Probably not the proper thing to do in front of the Royal Family's castle, but what do you do, blame it on the Americans. 

 Family Picture in front of the castle. 

 I wish we could have done the tour. But it already feels like we're hemorrhaging money so we are going to pick the castles we want to go in very wisely. 

 Can you see the gun this guy is carying? 

 More castle
 Alongside the castle walls there is a fantastic little street and we stopped to take some quick portraits. My kids, however, basically wanted nothing to do with it, and we really didn't get many good ones. But they're still cute, so I'm still posting them. 

Can you believe this is the best one I got of just Boston? 

  
Then there's my little girl. Look at those blue eyes. I usually try to keep a bow on her head since whenever we seem to forget it everybody thinks she's a boy. But her hair is coming in so hopefully that won't be the case for much longer. She has quite the fiery little personality. Sometimes I don't know where she gets it from. :D 



 This is Boston and Ally. They are basically inseparable here. Ally came over with her family who also came with qualtrics and happens to live above us. If he didn't have her, life would be so boring. Aren't they so adorable? She's four, so a year older than Boston, but you know his got went after an older woman, and it worked out well for him. *Wouldn't it be awesome if the got married and you could use these on their wedding video? haha. Just a thought. :D


 I told you you'd see a lot of these. 

 Here's a guy repelling off the side of a church building. Apparently it was a big deal There were All sorts of News camera's there and people wearing that same red shirt. I just took a quick picture and kept walking. 

 Look closely at this picture. Does anything seem odd to you? If you feel like something is off, you are quite right. This house is crooked. It's literally leaning to the left. I have no idea how or why, but That's the way it is. It's actually a small cafe now. Odd. 

 There was a fantastic shopping district at Windsor. I could have spent all day there, but the kids were less than impressed so we had to quickly move on. 

 This little girl seriously ADORES her daddy. He can do no wrong in her eyes. Her mother on the other hand...

 Do you see the plane right over the castle? This picture doesn't do it justice. I had Maddie in one arm and my camera wrapped around my shoulder so I couldn't quick maneuver the way I would have like to for this. The planes flew so low to the castle, it was pretty cool. Boston was in heaven every time one passed over head. 

Here's our little group (most of it) finishing up the day at a Kabob shop. Chris loves Kabobs and was so excited for us to try them. He got a lamb and I got a chicken. I tasted his lamb and was immediately grateful I didn't get the lamb for myself. It tasted like sweaty armpits. I honestly didn't think I was going to be able to swallow. I can't remember the last time I tasted something so terrible. I don't know if it was just the place, or lamb that I don't like. I'd be willing to try it again. Chris thought it tasted fine, but the lamb had almost ruined the entire kabob experience for me I couldn't even eat much of my chicken kabob. Chris says I have to try it again, so I'm sure I will, as long as I can get the taste of attempt one out of my head. 

2 comments:

Camie said...

Looks like you are having a great time and seeing tons! What an amazing experience! Miss you!

Tiffany W said...

So neat. So, you've tasted sweaty armpits before? Sounds gross.

Forever!!!