Tuesday, August 19, 2008

La Familia Lavendar

I wish so badly I took a picture last night. One of my favorite families from the mission came and spent the evening with myself, Chris, and Emmy Paiser. They are the most wonderful family, and their daughters are beautiful, and have grown up so much!The parents can speak a little english, but speak in spanish all the time. The two older girls can speak both, and then the youngest for some reason speaks mostly english. Her mom was telling us how it was the wierdest thing. Natalia (the baby)speaks to her parents and sisters in english, and they have no idea how she's learning it. She'll say "It's mine, It's mine" instead of "Es mio,Es mio". She will ask for milk, and tell people to come in spanish, but that's about it. She also says "No" to everything. It's hilarious. She was eating ice cream and I asked her if she like it, and she said "No". The last time we saw her she was only a few months old.
It's been two years since Emmy and I saw them, so we were thrilled. Chris didn't understand a word of what was going on, bless his heart, but he stayed in the room while they were there, and just enjoyed watching Natalia. We hung out at my house, then went to the mall, and ended the night at coldstone. They just moved to Utah, and are really wanting to come to Utah county. I hope they do. Hermana Lavander is an amazing cook, and she promised to teach us how to make tortillas again, and one of my favorites Albondegas. It's a meatball soup, and it's amazing.
I am so happy for the chance that we had to teach them and help them come back to church. They're story is amazing, and I had one of the most powerful experience on my mission with this family. Seeing people come back to church is just as exciting as see somebody accept the gospel and get baptized. I wish I had the right words to describe how much I love them! I'm so thankful that I served a mission, and that I can now have the amazing people as treasured friends.

1 comment:

Emily said...

i always get so envious when you talk about your mission. they sound so awesome!

Forever!!!