Monday, October 20, 2008

Funny video, and Great Weekend

First of all I have to post this video. This is a great example of how we all felt watching the BYU game this weekend. So Sad. Click on the link http://failblog.org/2008/10/16/log-throwing-fail/ to see the video. It's great for a good laugh. It all happens very quickly so watch closely (oneday I'll figure out how to actually put them on here).

This weekend Chris and I went down to St. George to see Les Mis, and just hang out. It was wonderful. Chris even said he enjoyed Les Mis more than Wicked! I was pretty excited. Maybe one day he'll enjoy going to plays with me, little by little. Our trip was almost canceled because a couple days before we were supposed to leave our arrangements for a place to stay fell through, and because it was UEA everything was booked. Luckily Chris's dad stepped in and found an old condo that we could all stay in. It was fun to hang out with Chris's family for the weekend. Friday was Chris's birthday and we went to Applebee's for dinner. It's always interesting walking in and asking for a table of 9. On Saturday we slept in and went shopping. Linley, whose 6, came with us in our car, and was so excited because she brought her purse and had $1.25 to spend. We went into the first store and she found a small pollypocket with a pink ballgown, high heels, and jewelry for $1.99. She picked it up and refused to put it down. After we had been in the store for a while she took Chris's hand and took him up to the front counter with her. She was ready to buy her new treasure. She set it on the check out counter, and then opened her purse and put about $.15 on the counter, and just stared at the cashier. Chris started laughing, and explained that she was going to need more money to pay for it. So he took her over to a table and helped her count all of her money. She obviously came up short and was so heart broken. So Chris emptied all the pennies from his pocket, and I pulled out $.30 from my wallet and donated to her cause. She picked up the money and laid all the change out in front of the cashier. She was so excited and just kept saying how proud of herself she was for buying something all by herself. It was cute. I bought Chris a sweater he wanted for Christmas (which he decided last night that he can't wait that long because he loves it too much). We also bought a new frying pan (wahoo) and a styrofoam sword. This was Chris's favorite purchase. Laura invited us to Christians 4-year oold pirate birthday party. We saw the swords and thought it would be the perfect present for him. So we spent $6 and bought it, after getting her permission of course.
That night we went to Les Mis. I really enjoyed it, and give it a 9 out of 10. I would have directed a couple things differently, and while the guy who played Jean Val Jean was good and had a nice voice, his voice was too young, and because he was so young they kept this fake beard on him the whole play which never really made him look different from when he was a prisoner. Javert is a pretty bad detective if he didn't recognize him. lol. And Val Jean was a little too nasally...that's probably not even a word...but it's true. Overall I really enjoyed it, and the theater there is beautiful! Sorry I don't have any pictures of the weekend. I forgot to take my camera. Maybe next time.
A little side note* I'm now coming up on week 13, and feeling so much better! I'm not nearly as tired, and I don't feel sick all the time! I love it! All my clothes are starting to get a little tight. I can still wear them but they are just a little uncomfortable. The other thing is that I'm suddenly getting really bad headaches that last for days. I've never had that before. Does anybody have any suggestions?

3 comments:

Tiffany W said...

That is funny, and that's exactly how I felt! Urrr! Drink LOTS of water, that helped me. but make sure you are always close to a restroom!

Aly said...

I had terrible headaches. I still get them once in a while but not as often anymore. They were miserable. I couldn't find anything that helped except sleep and water. Congrats by the way!

Steffani Dastrup said...

We were in St. George last weekend too! We sent to see Big River! But we saw Les Mis a few months ago and I thought the exact same thing about Jean Val Jean! I thought he did a good job, but his voice really bothered me. We saw the same guy in Big River and I like him a lot better! You're still planning on coming to my school on Monday right? I am excited!

Forever!!!