Thursday, October 30, 2008

So Sweet



So this may not be the most masculine picture of my husband, but it's the best I have right now. lol. First of all he's now 24! So Happy Birthday do him!
Second of all, many of you remember how I said that Chris was reffing soccer. Many of you probably also remember me complaining about how he was gone all the time because of it. If not, just to get you up to speed at the end of the summer Chris started reffing soccer a couple times during the week and 3 or so games on saturdays. He was earning al ittle extra money, so at first I was fine with him being gone that much...but it got old pretty fast. I never get to see him during the week in the first place, so hardly seeing him on saturdays was not my favorite thing. So I'll admit I started giving him a hard time about it. Then in the last month or so school began to get too busy and he couldn't ref very often anymore, which I was fine with.
So the other night we were sitting down going over our finances, and I noticed a new bank account with $500 in it. I asked him what it was for. He said that he had been putting the money he had earned into that bank account and had been planning on using it for my christmas present. *Flashback to a couple months earlier*
It was mid summer, and I decided that I wanted to become a photographer along with being a teacher. The cameras that I was looking at were around $1000. We both decided that the camer would be my only Christmas present for the year.
Chris knew how much I wanted the camera, so he went out and took the reffing classing to get certified and started reffing so that he could get me the camera for Christmas. *Flashback to the present*
As I sat there and he told me that he had started to ref in his free time so that we could afford the camera I was so overcome with emotions. First I was so happy that I had such a sweet husband who would do that for me. Then I remembered how I would always give him a hard time when he would spend his free time reffing. How did such a sweet man get such a crappy wife? (I don't think I'm crappy, but I felt like it at that moment)Isn't it funny that sometimes we can get so wrapped up in our own world that we become oblivious to what other people are doing...even if it's for us?
I just wanted to share this story because I thought it was such a sweet thing he did. Better than flowers or even the camera itself.

*A little side note~I no longer want to be a photographer or want the camera. We've decided to get a present that both of us can use and enjoy for Christmas.

4 comments:

Camie said...

What a sweetie. He's a keeper! I've been wanting a new camera for Christmas, too. But not one that expensive, not when I have to buy baby furniture! :) I think it would be nice to have a nice enough camera to take some good quality pics of the baby though, you know? I'm not sure what to get yet. How are you feeling? How are the headaches?

Emily said...

that is so sweet. i do the same thing to brian and then feel terrible that i was being so rude when he did something so nice for me.

Natalie Whipple said...

That is such a great story, though I'm sorry you spent all the time being put out. I, too, get cranky when I don't get my Nick Fix on Saturday. He's gone so much during the week.

Brandon, McKell & Ryker said...

That is a great story. Isn't it great when husbands do something sweet like that without any help at all! I have been married 6 years so let me tell you in a few years you won't feel bad about giving him a hard time always being gone. It wears off!

Forever!!!