Monday, March 21, 2011

Made My Day...

I'm officially DONE with Student Teaching! I have learned so much! On friday I graded a bunch of papers and quickly began to feel like I had learned more than my students. I was kind of down and feeling like a horrible teacher when I saw the following note on my computer.

Front: I'll Miss You

Inside:
Dear Mrs. Adams,
I am very sad that you are leaving. I hope that you had the best time with us. I've had trubles with math and you have helped me if I didn't get something. I hope you remember me and the class! I will miss you! I've never felt like a teacher liked me but you never yell, you are ALWAYS nice and don't ever get mad. I've loved you as a teacher and I will never forget you!!

From Lauren

P.S. You are always funny and sweet and you do a lot of fun things with us. Plase come visit us! You come anytime you want. I am very proud of what you did hear and I would even say you changed my life. I hope you fined the pirfect job for you even if it means beaing a mom. I know you will have a next good year. I'm going to miss you! Buena Suerte!

I almost cried when I read it! It seriously made my day, and helped me feel like I wasn't a failure! I love being a teacher, and little things that make it all worth it. That same day I got many more notes saying similar things. So sweet. I'm kind of sad that I won't be teaching, but the joy of getting to be a full-time mom makes that sadness go away. :D

3 comments:

Carolina said...

That is so sweet. Gosh I even got teary-eyed reading the note.

Emily said...

what a perfect way to end it! so sweet.

Nattles said...

You are a sweetheart, so you deserve all that praise and more!

Forever!!!