Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving on Tuesday.

They don't have Thanksgiving in England (obviously) so we decided to take a trip over Thanksgiving and have the traditional meal on Tuesday instead of Thursday. It was my first attempt at doing the entire thing by myself, and when I say the entire thing, I mean the basics. 
I discovered Turkey is something that is a bit tricky to find here, but Thanks to Costco I found not only a turkey, one that was stuffed with stuffing already, and not so much the entire bird, as just the part you want to eat. Gotta love Costco! 
I also made garlic mashed potatoes, gravy, roasted asparagus, green beans,  brown sugar sweet potatoes with marshmallows and a pumpkin cake for dessert. 
And I did all of this with a screaming Maddie clinging to my legs the entire time. 

 

 We had Dallin over since Daniella went back to Utah a few days before. 

 They have a drink over here that we LOVE called J20. Boston drank three of them. 

 Maddie loved every bite of her meal! I can always count on her to make me feel good about my cooking.

 Not sure what this face is about. 

 When she eats it gets everywhere! Hair, ears, bottom of her pants, toes, seriously everywhere! 


 The potatoes were a hit! I used an entire bag, and we cleaned them up! To be fair, the potatoes are much smaller here so we were lucky that we had enough. 

 Here's the turkey with the stuffing. Normally I think stuffing is the worst part of the meal, but this was actually very good. I don't know if I'll ever be able to make a regular turkey after this one. 

Here we are completely satisfied and ridiculously full. We didn't even touch the pumpkin cake. Which worked out because I ate it for basically every meal for the next 48 hours. :) 


This Thanksgiving I'm incredibly thankful for all the usual stuff (family, gospel, etc.) but I'm incredibly thankful to be an American! I know it sounds cheesy, but it's completely true. I feel so blessed to have been born in America!  

2 comments:

Steffani Dastrup said...

Nice work on the Thanksgiving dinner! I am seriously impressed! All I did was make a jello salad. I better hope my mom and mom in law live forever because I would have no idea what I was doing.

Kate and Blake plus 3 said...

Oh fun! Good job on all that cooking, I probably would have just taken my kids to McDonalds if I was in charge of Thanksgiving. Maddie looks so big, I can't stand it. Emma is so excited to have Maddie back, it's crazy!

Forever!!!