Friday, December 12, 2008

It's A.....

New blog post!!! I bet I almost had some of you. No, we don't know what we're having yet, but we're so excited to find out in 7 days! Things have been super busy with finals but I finish those next week, and as long as I pass my math final I will never have to take a math class again!!!! Muah-ha-ha-ha! In high school I took up to the first two semesters of AP Calculus, but I have no idea how in the world they let me in. Most of the time in math I had no idea what was going on. So my first semester in school I started to take 1010, but had to Withdraw half way through the semester due to family and time issues. It worked out for the better anyway because I probably would have gotten a D maybe a D+ in the class. lol. When I got back form my mission I took the math test and got into math 990. Through a lot of hard work and tears I'm proud to say that I consistantly had the top scores in my class from 990, 1010, 1050, and 2010. 2020 has been a little more difficult, but I've manage to do pretty well. I went from actually hating math to having it be something I actually enjoyed. Yes, I have learned to enjoy math. I know it sounds crazy, and I can hardly believe it myself, but it's true! After 5 semesters of math I don't get as frustrated and tears are not as common as they were in the first four semesters. lol. I guess it's really given a sense of accomplishment. I've taken something that I was terrible at and had given me a complex over the last who knows how many years of my life, and I've conquered it! I'm just hoping that it doesn't conquer me on this next final. lol.

2 comments:

Tiffany W said...

What a mean joke. You can do it, math is your friend! I am so excited for you to find out what you are having. No matter what it is, it will have a wonderful mother!

Emily said...

i haven't taken math since junior year and i know if i ever go back to school I will have to start at the beg. maybe that's why i haven't gone back yet, lol.

Forever!!!