Monday, December 15, 2008

My Stupid Phone

I'm about to vent my frustration in my stupid phone...actually it's probably not the phone's fault. I've had it since I got home from my mission, and it's been a great phone, and until recently has endured my abuse fairly well.
A couple weeks before Thanksgiving I dropped my phone. The screen blacked out, and the phone was only semi working. After about three weeks the screen suddenly came back to life allowing me to return text messages, write down phone numbers in my planner, and clean out my voicemail.
Then in my usual style I dropped my phone again. This time the screen was black and stayed black for about a month. It's so frustrating because I use my text all the time. I was missing events with my friends, I was missing texts telling me class was canceled, calls weren't coming through, I couldn't get my voicemail, and half of the time I couldn't even tell if my phone was on or off. The only way I could call somebody was if I had their number memorized or had my panner with me. It was so frustrating.
Then a few days ago at work I accidently dropped my phone, again...if you haven't noticed, it's a common thing for me...and when I picked it back up the screen worked again! I was so thrilled! So I returned all of my text messages, made sure I wrote down everybody's number this time in my planner, checked my voice mail and was able to tell if I was calling somebody and if my phone was off or on! It was glorious!
Then, two nights ago, I was sitting with my favorite Christmas blanket on my lap doing some reading when I suddenly realized that I was really hot. So did I gently remove the blanket that was covering me? NO, I threw the blanket off of my lap and with it threw my cell phone accross the room. Chris and I watched helplessly as it flew threw the air and landed in pieces on the tile in the kitchen. We both just stared for a minute, and then burst out laughing. I got up pieced my phone back together just to find that the screen is dead again. I've tried "accidently" dropping it on hard surfaces since then, but no luck. These things must be done only by accident apparently.
So basically the purpose of this post is to let you all know that if you send me a text, I won't get it. If you call, don't leave me a message I won't get it. *Sigh*
You can leave me a message on this blog and I might get it in time...
Hopefully I'll get a new phone for Christmas...but that might be risky seeing as how I might destroy it. lol.

2 comments:

Camie said...

So I would text you but seeing as your phone is having issues ... what time is your appt. Friday? I just realized I have one on Friday too! Mine will be a quick check, not as exciting as yours!

Tiffany W said...

Funny story...I laughed out loud when you threw the blanket off! Cell phones are so nice, and yet so much trouble sometimes. I'm so excited to find out what you're having! And Merry Christmas!

Forever!!!