Friday, August 6, 2010

I figured it out!

So I'm sure all of you are spectacular at keeping your house clean while doing everything else you have to do in life. I bet most of you figured it out a long time ago.
Well on the off chance there are any of you out there who get behind and suddenly one day you look around and see that your house is a disaster and are overwhelmed by how to clean it and keep it clean this is for you.
A couple weeks ago I was so overwhelmed by how gross my house felt and realized my current system wasn't doing much to help (the current system being that I would do minimal things during the week and then one day when I couldn't handle it any more I would spend 4-5 hours cleaning everything and still not get done).
So I created a little system which has worked wonders in our house, with my mood, and with my time. My house stays amazingly clean and the laundry gets done!
I thought I'd share this with any of you who may struggle like me. It takes no more than 30 minutes a day but it makes a huge difference. I promise it works!

Monday:
Vacuum carpet
baseboards and doors
One load of laundry

Tuesday:
Dust
One load of laundry
Straighten Bedrooms

Wednesday:
Sweep/Mop tile floors
One load of Laundry
Take out garbages

Thursday:
One load of laundry
Toilets

Friday:
Tubs
One load of laundry
Plan next weeks meals

Saturday:
Sinks
One load of laundry
grocery shopping


So there you go. It's saved me so much time during the week and it's kept the house pretty much spotless. It's made my life easier, and Boston even helps aka follow me around pulling things out of drawers.

2 comments:

The Winkels said...

Bless you for this. I'm going to try it! Although--I don't think my baseboards have been touched since my Mom was here after the babies came home :). Also, I heard you got Chris to do WW. Amazing! He has helped Bryce out on his diet a TON. Sure love you guys. Let's get together soon!

john & natalie said...

I'm having a very difficult time keeping my house clean now that I have a busy one year old. I'll be trying this strategy!

Forever!!!