Friday, August 27, 2010

Quick and Easy Paninis



So I've been craving Mexican like crazy lately (no I'm not pregnant) and so to take a small break form the deliciousness that is all food Mexican I decided to make paninis. These are my own creation but they are ridiculously easy and yummy! They're not horrible for you either...

This is actually filling and the flavors are awesome. We had some chicken left over and so I places it in the fridge. The next morning as I was rushing around getting ready for school I thought "what can I eat for lunch today?" Since the chicken was already cooked I was able to throw this sandwich together in less than 3 minutes. When I heated it up and took it out for lunch I had quite a few people tell me it smelled amazing. I told them it tasted as amazing as it smelled.

Anyway, make it. It's quick and easy and a husband pleaser. :) I'm about to go make one for myself right now as a matter of fact. I'm telling you it will become a family dinner staple.

Chicken spinach & tomato Pesto Paninis
Makes 6

1 loaf whole wheat/grain french bread (you can get this at walmart)
2 chicken breasts
1 jar sun dried tomato pesto
1 bag baby spinach
Swiss cheese slices
Salt & pepper (I like Lawry's Seasoning Salt)

Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook on stove top pan for 7-9 minutes on each side until chicken is cooked through and a little carmelization starts to happen on the chicken. Pull the chicken out, set it on a plate and tent with foil. Let it rest for about 5 minutes. While it's resting slice the french bread. Spreak pesto on both sides on the bread. Put half a slice of cheese on one half and spinach on the other half. Place the 2nd half of the cheese on the spinach. Slice the chicken into thin strips. Take 3-4 strips of chicken and lay on top of the spinach and cheese. Put the other side of the sandwich on the chicken and place in panini maker for two minutes. ( I Don't have a panini maker so I use a george forman grill).

No comments:

Forever!!!