Sunday, October 3, 2010

Dear Whoever is listening.

Dear all who want to listen to me vent.

Have you ever felt like when you really commit to something life throws everything against you to make you fail?

It happened to me this last week. I need to get out of my weight slump I've been in all summer so I started doing P90x and really trying to be careful what I ate...then the weekend happened. Boating (Yay!) but Pizza and ice cream through a wrench in that day. It's ok, I've got a little wiggle room, I'll just do better tomorrow.

So I start the day off cleaning, forgot to eat breakfast. Oh well. Today is going to be a big food day (conference & Priesthood) so I'm going to make good decisions today. Lunch with some friends at zupas. Dinner at Cafe Rio with the in-laws and I cut out the tortilla, 3/4 of the dressing, sour cream, cheese, and tortilla strips. The workers looked at me like I was crazy. lol. I don't care, I'm being healthy. At least I thought.
Then to my grandma's house for dessert. Yes I taste the three different kinds of soups there, but I've eaten so all I do is taste.

I made a peanut butter & chocolate pudding cake for dessert, which lucky for me didn't turn out the way I had expected, so I only had a little of that. My mom's peach cobbler was to die for, so I helped myself to a little more of that, and then topped it all with ice cream. Yeah I know. Not a great thing to do if you're loosing weight.

I thought I had done pretty decent for myself at the end of the day, all things considered. I ate two salads, a small sandwich, and some dessert.

I woke up this morning and stepped on the scale to find out that IN ONE DAY I gained 3.5 pounds. Ok, I know you're all laughing to yourselves thinking 3.5 pounds? Who cares? That's nothing to stress about. Since when did you become obsessed over something so little.

To the average person not trying to lose weight, 3.5 pounds is no big deal. But to the person who is struggling to lose weight that's an extra 10500 calories that we have to work off! 3.5 pounds takes me about 2.5 weeks to burn off. Lame. After my zupas trip i had spent 26 of my 25 points, cafe rio added another 9 and everthing else put me at a grand total of 76 points for the entrire day. No wonder I gained a couple pounds.

I'm now officially boy-cotting zupas since they don't offer Nutritional info and if you really want it you have to search forever online to find it or find the nearest thing. Zupas I love you, but you are dead to me for the next little while. I feel so betrayed. But mostly by myself.

I know better than to assume that a salad and a small sandwich with no cheese is a healthier option than a burger. Lame. Well, today is a new day and I'm starting over. I think I'll start a weight counter on the side, and post it every week so you all can help me shape up.

Thanks for listening,

Love me.

5 comments:

The Winkels said...

I hear you girlfriend! I'm in the exact same spot right now. Stupid plateau. You'll do it--I believe in you :). But...can you make me do it?

Shane, Kayla, Brynlee said...

Rachel, I just have to say that a while ago when you posted something similar to this it was a real inspiration to me, and even though it took me a while to start eating healthier and exercising consistantly I finally started. I've been doing this for 4 weeks now and I bounce back and forth between having lost 2.5 and 5 lbs. It's discouraging but I'm trying to tell myself everyday that it's worth it. The weekends are HARD!!!! I don't know what it is about them, but I always fudge, hopefully someday I'll be back to my pre-prego weight... that's my goal. BTW I just have to tell you that in the new photo you put up of your family for your blog header you look FANTASTIC! I know you have a sweater on, but I can totally see it in your face.... so good job, keep it up!

john & natalie said...

I felt like I was reading something I had written when I read this! I can't even tell you how many times I've hit my daily point allowance by 2 p.m. and kept eating anyway. And I know what torture a few extra pounds on the scale can cause. It took me months to lose my last few pounds but I am finally a lifetime ww member now! Sometimes I think those relaxed weekends where way too many points were consumed are the ones that got me through in the end.

Jenn and Chris Rasmussen said...

I think that it is great to pay attention to how much you are gaining and loosing when that is your goal right now. I hate the slump and the excuses but you can't help them. The only thing i can do that works is look at the clothes in the closet that you are so close to fitting and go for them. I also can't look at the scale more than once a week. I check every saturday morning. I know it is insane but that is what i have to do. Keep up the work, don't beat yourself up to much just a bit, smile and start again.

Kate and Blake plus 3 said...

Sorry you're having a rough time! I think you are doing awesome and you look beautiful. And just so you know, after my wii fit laughs at me for how much I've gained it also tells me that a weight fluctuation of 3-4 lbs is totally normal for a day. If wii fit says it, I declare it to be truth! Keep it up I think you're doing great!

Forever!!!