Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fantastic Veggie Burrito!!!

So last night I made a to die for curry and have been looking forward to the left overs all day today. I had some for lunch and was excited to have some more for dinner. Before my weight watchers meeting I decided to check out how many points this curry was including the naan bread that you eat with it. 18 point. That's right. For one serving! 18 out of my 25 points all day! I brushed it off and went to weight watchers thinking "I'll eat it when I get home, use my 35 points and start over tomorrow." During my meeting I realized that if I really want to get to my my next weight goal I need to choose not to eat that curry. I had a 20 minute conversation with myself on the way home about all the reasons why I wasn't going to eat that curry.

So when I got home I pulled out a whole grain, whole wheat tortilla. Low-fat refried beans, an onion, a jalepeno, a green pepper, and garlic. I added a couple things some things for flavor and sat down to the yummiest burrito I've eaten for a really long time! By eating the veggie burrito instead of the curry I saved myself 14 points! Here's how to make it!

Yummy Veggie Burrito (makes 1, and this is a rough estimate of what I threw in, you can adjust according to what you like)

1 tsp Safflower oil.
1/4 onion sliced
1 jalepeno diced into little pieces, seeded
1/4 Green Pepper thinly sliced
1 garlic clove diced into little pieces
1/8 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1/4 tsp Chili Powder
1/8 tsp pepper
1 TBS Worcestire Sauce
1 TBS original BBQ Sauce (Trust me this adds a sweetness but you can't even tell it's in there)
1/2 cup low-fat refried beans
1 whole wheat/whole grain tortilla (I've only found these at costco)
3 small slices of Mozarella cheese

Heat up the Safflower oil. Add all of the veggies on med-high heat. Cook until the onions are translucent. Add cumin, crushed red pepper, chili powder, and bbq sauce and pepper. Stir together then turn off heat and let sit. Pull out a tortilla, spread the refried beans over the entire thing (If you don't do the entire thing the edges get crispy). Break up the cheese and spread it over the beans. Pop it in the microwave for 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, add the veggies, and salsa and knudsen's low-fat sour cream (if you want) and heat for 30 seconds. Wrap it all up and enjoy!

*I'm sure you could add more veggies if you wanted, I just threw in what I had.

Seriously guys please try this! It's filling, and you'll love it, I promise. And it doesn't take more than a few minutes!

1 comment:

Emily said...

k I joined ww last week so this is so helpful! what day do you go to meetings then maybe I can go then too (I may have to do the mom and me meeting though).

Forever!!!