Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Oh Life

Life has been nuts these last few days. Maddie has suddenly decided to get an attitude about everything. She is also finding new ways to keep me on my toes every second of every day.
Boston has always been a rule follower. I knew all my children wouldn't be like that, but I don't think I realized how nice a rule follower can be. In stores he would always stick by me, and if he ever wanted to do something questionable all I had to say was "that's the rule" and he would go along with it.
Maddie is the opposite. Taking her to the store always sounds like a good idea at the time, but then we get there and she's gone. I chase her down, and within 1 minute, she's gone again. A trip to Costco now takes me three times as long. I often find myself leaving Boston to guard the cart while I go running through the store to chase down my fast little girl.
She has also discovered how to stick her hand down her diaper. She especially thinks it's interesting to do it when she has a messy diaper. Between the two of my kids, it seems they are finding new ways to gross me out every single day. Maddie is a tornando, and is constantly into anything she can be in to. Whether it's sticking her hand down her diaper, dumping rice all over the kitchen, smashing macaroni into the carpet, or dumping water on the couches, she's constantly on the go. The sneaky part of it is she always has the most angelic face, and so she just looks too innocent and sweet to cause so much destruction.
Boston has been great. He's such a good kid. Both of them are, but it's so fun watching him develop into a big brother. And he's stepping into that role whether Maddie likes it or not. Sometimes I have to remind him to let me be the mom and he quickly responds "Mom, you just let me be the boy!" I have loved watching them become playmates and friends, and my favorite thing is when Boston teaches Maddie new things. He's so patient and talks her through step by step. It's so cute. Tonight, I put him to bed in underwear. I'm trying to get him out of holding "it" until he has a pull up on. So I got rid of the pull up...until he's asleep that is. My plan is to sneak up long after he's asleep and slip a pull up on him. We'll see how it goes.
After days like the last three days I don't know how in the world I'm going to add a third child in the mix. I don't think I have ever been more nervous about anything in my entire life. But, I know that we'll all adjust, and it will be fine. I will survive, and my kids will survive. Maybe I can get my act together a bit more before this next one gets here so I can keep up...and maybe this next one will be the best baby in the world who sleeps, rarely cries and is just content to be around people he/she loves. :)

We find out April 10th, by the way!!! I was thinking about waiting and having it be a surprise, but Now I know there is no way I could make it. I'm dying that I have to wait a week as it is!!!!

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

SO excited for you to find out the gender! Do NOT wait!! Maddie is so cute! She sounds alot like Cole!

Kate and Blake plus 3 said...

What is it with these sassy little girls? They make onsies in 2T. Noah wore one under all his outfits for a few months because he was doing the same thing. Awesome. I'm excited to hear if its a boy or girl, funny we'll be finding out about the same time!

Forever!!!