Thursday, April 24, 2008

Wahoo!!!

Can I just begin by saying I am so happy that this semester is over? Well, I am! I can't even begin to tell you what a pain this semester has been! But it's over, and I'm done! I think it was such a pain because I was making up my grades to raise my GPA, and just felt like I was stuck and couldn't get where I was going...which probably doesn't make sense, but that's how I felt. But now I'm done, and I even have the possibility of getting my first 4.0! I have never gotten a 4.0, but I would be thrilled! To celebrate the end of this trying semester Chris and I rented a cabin with a few of his friends up at Bear Lake, and we will be escaping for 4 days. I'm looking forward to just relaxing and doing nothing!

I am going to school through the summer as well so that I can get into the teaching program in January, so my break won't last too long. A few days and I'm back to the grind. But honestly I don't really care because I will be taking classes that will count towards my degree. I'm Starting with Children's Lit, and Math 1050, and I'll take Math 2010 and Astronomy the second block.

Today is the big day! I'm kicking off my new blog, and my plan to start losing weight. Alot of you have said that you want to join me, which is great! You can see what I've set up at http://conqueringmygoliath.blogspot.com. If you want to be able to track your success, or post comments on their for everybody to see let me know, and I'll give you the userid and password. I was going to post it, but decided to just send it out to people who ask for it instead. You know, just in case.

3 comments:

Shar said...

Okay - I totally want in on this deal! I'm dealing with my Goliath at this point which just happens to be the same as yours! I want to drop 40 more pounds and then maintain that weight. I love the look and the name of the blog and I Can't wait to start tracking my progress too! :)

Camie said...

If you don't mind Roo I'd like to join. It would be good for me. I need to lose some grad school wait, seriously. Love ya! Have an awesome time on your getaway!

Steffani Dastrup said...

Hey Rach! I won't be able to get serious about this for another 6 weeks or so, but I would love to be able to access the blog so I can join in too! I think it's a great idea to do this together! It may be the motivation we all need!

Forever!!!