Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Finally!!!!

Thanks to everybody for voting on my poll, it was interesting to see what everybody picked.
After a lot of thinking and praying and many frustrating months of feeling like I had no goal in life...I finally decided what I am going to go into!
I went through all of my options starting with Nursing, and after looking at the program and learning that I would basically have to start all four years of college over again I realized it wasn't for me.
I then went through interior design and photography...not for me either. It just didn't feel right.
So then I began looking into social work and therapy and realized that it would be more sefl destructive for me then enjoyable.
So after visiting a highschool classroom and an elementary class, I have dedcided to do (drumroll please).....

Elementary ed! I feel really good about it and am so excited that I finally will be doing something that I want to do! In order for me to be accepted to the spring semester of the program, I'm going to have to give up my summer completely and knock out some classes, and take a heavier load in the fall, but then I will be in. My plan is to do apply for the internship which would mean I would go to school full time for that entire year, but then I could start teaching in January. I would be teaching my senior year instead of going to school, and then I would be done!!! I know it's going to be a lot of hard work, and no free time at all, especially since I will still be working full time, but I just keep telling myself "sacrifice brings forth the blessing of heaven...and graduation." :)

5 comments:

Natalie Whipple said...

Yay for picking one! I'm sure you'll be a great teacher.

Camie said...

You are so cute Rach! I'm so happy you've decided on something. You will be such a great teacher, it definitely fits. Loves and hugs and I miss you!!

Tiffany W said...

Hooray for making a decision! You will be a wonderful teacher. And isn't it just nice to know that you're actually going to school for something now? There is light at the end of the tunnel, so keep going. You can do it!

Steffani Dastrup said...

You will be such a good teacher Rach! Believe me it is A LOT of hard work but so worth it! And going for the internship is so smart! It gives you so much experience, plus gives you a head start on the pay scale! If you ever want to come and visit my class to see what you're in for, you're more than welcome to!

Camie said...

Hey Rach! I got my template at cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com. It has CUTE templates and instructions on how to do them. Loves! XOXO

Forever!!!