Thursday, September 2, 2010

A secret?

Do you want to know where I'm blogging right now? Well if you guessed in the bathroom you would be correct. It seems like lately that's the only place I can get 5 minutes to myself. Even as I type this there are little fingers reaching under the door and some little person is yelling at me to either 1) let him in (not happening) 2) get out (also not happening...yet) I'll be honest, I rather enjoy the few minutes to just relax and not have to worry about what he's getting into or for how long he's been chewing on the toilet scrubber (a new favorite toy for him).
So while I have about one minute left before he has a melt down and starts slamming his head on the tile during said tantrum and because I don't want the massive bruise on his forehead to get any bigger I'll give you a quick update on life as we know it.
School is getting better. I have amazing teachers, and the classes are interesting. I'm trying to have a positive attitude and enjoy being back. I'm not working on changing my attitude about all of the large quantities of reading given to us, but I'll survive. I don't think anyone has ever died from reading. My classes are Literacy 2, Math methods, PE, ESL, Diferentiation, and Classroom management. Today for PE we got to have recess. A bunch of us played kick ball which was a blast.
Boston is having a hard time adjusting to being away from me and has become even clingy-er which I didn't think was possible. He's suddenly waking up at night and really moody all the time because he's apparently refusing to take naps. By the time I get him it's too late to put him down. But he too will adjust.
Chris is loving not having to go to school or do homework and is being very supportive of me. The other night I was so tired when I got home. Boston and I laid down on the couch and slept for almost 90 minutes. When I woke up the house was clean and dinner was ready. Remind to never complain about my husband again. He's wonderful.
So that's about it. The head slamming has commenced so I guess it's time I get back out there to my full time job.

4 comments:

Tiffany W said...

Thanks for taking a few minutes to share what's going on. I am glad you are enjoying school. And it's always fun to hear what's going on with you.

Jenn and Chris Rasmussen said...

I totally know what you are thinking. Sometimes i feel bad that I think thoughts about how they drive us crazy but of course at the end of the day it is better to have them than not. Good luck with school and life. keep us updated.

The Allen's said...

I think it is freaking awesome that Boston slams his head into the floor when he is mad :)

Kate and Blake plus 3 said...

That's so hard! Boston will be okay, he's a tough little guy. Send him over to my house to crash cars when you need a break ok?

Forever!!!