Saturday, August 27, 2011

Banana Pancakes


I. LOVE. Food.

I'm pretty sure that it comes as no surprise to any of you. I seriously LOVE food. If you were to come to my house at any given time of the day you would find my watching or listening to food network. I'm addicted to watching people talk about and create (and let's be honest) eat some of the most delicious food you can find.

So when I'm bored I often find myself scouring food blogs and websites for fun new recipes to try at home. So the other day I was in a Jack Johnson kind of mood, which then put me in the mood for banana pancakes. I found the following recipe and thought, why not? Well, it is delicious, and is now my go to recipe for any fruit pancake. It's super moist, yet dense and fluffy at the same time. Then you get little nuggets of banana in every bite. I've made them twice in the last three days and look forward to eating the left overs for lunch today.

Thank you barefoot contessa.


Banana Sour Cream Pancakes




Ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
2 extra-large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Unsalted butter
2 ripe bananas, diced, plus extra for serving
Pure maple syrup
Directions
Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sour cream, milk, eggs, vanilla, and lemon zest. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones, mixing only until combined.

Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat until it bubbles. Ladle the pancake batter into the pan to make 3 or 4 pancakes. Distribute a rounded tablespoon of bananas on each pancake. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until bubbles appear on top and the underside is nicely browned. Flip the pancakes and then cook for another minute until browned. Wipe out the pan with a paper towel, add more butter to the pan, and continue cooking pancakes until all the batter is used. Serve with sliced bananas, butter and maple syrup.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/banana-sour-cream-pancakes-recipe/index.html

2 comments:

Kim Watkins said...

looks yummy but you always make such good food!! I need to get going on trying new recipes

RitanSands said...

looks amazing...gotta try these puppies sometime

Forever!!!