Sunday, August 14, 2011

First Camping Trip

This last Thursday and Friday Boston had his first camping trip! I was so excited! I know, I know, you're probably thinking -why would she be excited to go on a camping trip with a newborn?-
Well, I didn't go. That's why I was excited. Chris took Boston to Pineview to go boating with his family which meant I had Thursday night and all day friday to myself! Madi still sleeps a good portion of the day so I was thrilled to be able to catch up on some much needed rest, fold a mountain of laundry (I forgot how much a baby goes through), and organize and do some general cleaning.
Chris and Boston left Thursday afternoon and as soon as they left, I fed Madi and began my chore list. First on my list was cleaning out my car. After Chris's friend camping trip, and all the yard work we've been doing it was pretty dirty. I had been planning on cleaning it, but as soon as I got in the car on Thursday I realized Chris had left a tarp covered in Manure in the back. Needless to say cleaning the car suddenly jumped to the top of my chore list.
So I deep cleaned my car, picked up dinner at Cafe Rio, and headed home. I enjoyed a nice quiet evening at home and planned on starting my chores in the morning. Funny how plans can quickly change. When I woke up in the morning I had a terrible stomach ache which got worse and turned out to be food poisoning. My hopes and dreams for my day off (sort off) were out the window, and I spent the day taking care of Madi, cleaning out my system (to put it nicely) and resting.
While I was enjoying myself at home, Boston and Chris were having a blast. Chris took Boston to Cabella's to pick up something on their way up to Pineview and Boston discovered a love for that store. He bawled when they had to leave. He loved sleeping in a tent with his dad and especially loved being in the water and boating! He even went on the tube!
Turns out it was the perfect day for me to be sick because I only had one baby to worry about, which was really nice. Here are some cute pictures from the day.






2 comments:

Kate and Blake plus 3 said...

Looks like they had lots of fun! Glad you got a little "vacation" yourself. Well you still were sick and caring for a newborn, but hey moms take what they can get right?! You are doing a great job, just look at your two beautiful awesome kids!

RitanSands said...

oh my gosh...he is so freaking cute!

Forever!!!