Thursday, September 29, 2011

Cookies, Chocolates, and Miss Maddie

This week seems to have flown by! I began the week by making Chocolate Chip cookies. That was probably my mistake of the week, because with in 24 hours all of the cookies were gone and when the final tally was taken Boston had 1 cookie, Mary had 1 cookie, Chris had five, and I had...well...the rest. Do we really need to put a number on it?

Those sweet little cookies were begging me to eat them, and I figured if out of sight out of mind right?...

I was justifying. I know.

Did you know that if you start the day off with 5 cookies you will be craving sugar like a crazy person the rest of the day?

Yeah, so did I.

Well, it's in the past now, and since I finished the last cookie I haven't had any more cookies. :) Let's not even mention all the Chocolates I ate that Chris brought home from his latest trip to Europe...

I was super careful the rest of the week and wound up losing 4.4 pounds this week, weighting in at 204.6.

On a even better note, my sweet Maddie has begun to sleep. I mean, really sleep. In turn, I've begun to sleep, and as long as I don't fall asleep in the rocking chair I wake up in the morning feeling pretty well rested.
It blows my mind how fast she's growing. She's such a happy baby! She loves to smile and just take in everything that is going on around her. I wouldn't trade her for the world. I don't know that I would have said that even a month ago. :) Here are some pictures of my sweet baby girl.

Look at that face!!!


She loves her brother, most of the time. You can't see it, but he's driving his Lightening McQueen car on her tummy.


Seriously, have you seen a cuter baby? (not counting your own)

I also went to a workshop this weekend and learned some ways to improve my pictures. I'll post some of those soon. I also have done some newborn sessions and have a family session this week. So far I've loved some of the pictures we've gotten out of them. Here are a couple of cute baby Austin.







1 comment:

Camie said...

Good job on the weight loss! Even with all of the cookie temptations!I have to keep things hidden away or I'm too tempted! I've done the same thing with cookies, cake, rolls, you name it. Also, your pictures look great -- how fun to go to a workshop. I'm glad Maddie is starting to sleep better!

Forever!!!