Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Christmas 2012

Christmas this year was a BLAST! My parents came over on Christmas Eve so they could be there Christmas morning. We had Tamales, eggnog, cookies, and lots of yummy, not so good for you food.
Growing up, my family had a tradition of leaving a sheet out for Santa to hang up in front of the Tree, so that on Christmas morning when we all came down, none of us could see what Santa brought until we were all together. My grandparents started the tradition with my mom, but before they dropped the sheet, they all had Christmas breakfast first. There's no way we would have been patient enough to wait through breakfast, so we got to drop the sheet before breakfast. We all have such fun memories of f seeing the lights of the Christmas tree through the sheet, hearing the train running, and anticipating the awesome presents Santa brought. It was the tradition I looked forward to sharing with my kids the most. So this year, My mom and I made the Santa sheet to leave for him to hang up.
I went to Walmart and bought three $5 sheets. One green, one red, and one cream. I thought since I was just going to cut them into strips and sew them together it wouldn't take more than a couple hours to make. Boy, was I WRONG! My mom and worked for 6 hours to make that sheet. I felt so bad. She was so sweet and stayed up with me until 4am sewing. In the end it turned out amazing, and it's something we'll have for years to come!




Boston didn't really get the whole santa thing. Anytime we asked him about Santa this year he would tell us "Santa is on the moon!" and that's about it. Christmas Eve we made cookies for Santa, and mommy (me) ended up eating 90% of them. Christmas morning we were expecting Boston to LOVE Opening presents, but he was more interested in getting his chocolate milk fix before the idea of presents could even be discussed.




Once he had his chocolate milk, we got on to presents. Boston really had no interest. He loved his Truck, and was not interested in opening any more. Every time we finally convinced him to open another present, he thought his life could not get any better. It took us all morning to get him to open his gifts. The kid got spoiled this year. He got trucks and trains, dinosaurs, puzzles, mario, and a Lightening McQueen chair. It was too much. I ended up hiding many of his gifts. I plan on pulling them out slowly throw out the year so he's excited about them. :)

Maddie got a couple of toys and sweater dresses, but was impartial to it all.

My cousins came over and we all enjoyed a big Christmas breakfast. It was a blast. I'm already excited for next year!



No comments:

Forever!!!