Monday, January 30, 2012

Sprint Triathlon Training: Week 3

Today sucked. I'm sorry but it did. I woke up this morning less than excited about training today. I just wanted to stay at home and be lazy. I kept telling myself that once I worked out I would be glad I did.

FALSE.

I worked out. And all I can think is at least it's over with. What happened to all that excitement from last week? Don't know. Honestly, every step, ever stroke, every rotation of the pedals, I tried talking myself into quitting. I told myself I was too tired/hungry/good looking to finish (ok, the last one isn't true).

You'd think I'd be super excited to go this week since I bought goggles, a swim cap, and even a speedo swimsuit. Yeah. I'm that serious. But I think those things partially killed my excitement. I put them on and looked like somebody who knows what they're doing when they swim. But once I got into the pool, it would become clear I'm just a wanna be.

But I do Wanna Be. So I'll keep going.

I'm still glad I finished and I don't have to do it again until next week.

Swimming: 14 laps, 350 meters, ? I didn't really time it. Probably 40 minutes. I took a lot of breaks.
Biking: 12 miles: 21 minutes.
Running. 2.4 miles, 30 minutes even. I run for 3 minutes and walk for one minute and repeat 6 times. I hated every second of those three minutes, but I feel that way every time I move up a training week for running.
Weight: 192.5

2 comments:

Kate and Blake plus 3 said...

You are doing so great, seriously. It's so easy to talk yourself out of working out (ya I'm pretty much the queen of that one) I'm proud of you for sticking with it!

Carolina said...

Don't talk yourself out of it! You're doing awesome. I'm sure the excitement will come back.

Forever!!!