Sunday, January 8, 2012

Oh life.

We got a new washer and dryer, and they are blow your mind AMAZING!!! in the time that it took to dry one load of clothes with the old stackable, I can do three FULL loads, start to finish and they come out completely dry! I've never been so excited about dirty clothes in my life. When Maddie was throwing up like crazy tonight, all I could think of was how I could wash everything she got dirty in 40 minutes, start to finish! Our old ones were working, but not well, so we took them apart, and couldn't get them back together so on Christmas Eve we surrendered, and bought new ones. They told us it would only take a couple days to get them, but a couple days turned into 2 weeks! It was so annoying. I had clothes piled up EVERYWHERE! Luckily I have an awesome neighbor who let me do whatever I needed to at her house. On top of that I discovered that we have a MOUSE IN OUR HOUSE! Oh the HORROR!
I've got four traps laid out for that blasted mouse, but haven't caught anything yet. Disgusting. I hate walking around and then getting into bed, knowing my feet have mouse germs on them. I try not to think about it too much.

Boston is talking like crazy! Seriously the last three weeks he is suddenly speaking in full sentences and you can clearly understand what he's saying 90% of the time. I have two funny stories to tell you about him. So the other day we were in the guest bedroom and the bed is pulled out from the wall so you can slide the curtains (which are finally fixed after hanging crooked for a year) open and closed. Well he was messing around on the bed, and the way it was made you couldn't tell there was a gap there. He was jumping and laughing, when suddenly he was gone! He started screaming a beyond terrified scream, and I, being the loving mom that I am, burst out laughing instead of rushing to his aid. He had fallen right into the crack, and all the pillows came down on top of him, and he was stuck. I've never seen him more terrified! I pulled him out, and made sure he was ok, but the rest of the night he kept talking about how he'd fallen in Mary's room and how it was scary. lol. He even woke up in the middle of the night with a nightmare, and when I asked him what was wrong he said he fell in Mary's room. lol. *Side note, whenever we ask him where Mary is he says "Mawy on a miss-un" He doensn't really understand what that means, but he knows she's on a mission. Oh and he's started to pray. Like at the end of a prayer he'll say "In na name, a Jesus Chis (kyse), amen." I love it!
Second story. So he's been really into Toy Story Three and the other day after watching it he grabbed Maddie's little doll, which he's claimed as his own even though it's pink, in one hand and his little buzz light year in the other and stood on the armrest of the long couch in the family room. He slowly raised both his arms high up above his head and yelled "To infinity, and BEYOND!" and jumped off the couch into the air. He landed almost on his face and laid there for a minute. He sighed "huhhhhhh" and then, while sitting up said, "Mommy, I no fly like Buzz." It reminded me of the moment in the first Toy Story when Buzz realizes he's just a toy and can't fly. I laughed so hard! He's doing more and more things like that all the time. It's so fun!

What's not so fun is that Maddie has her first stomach bug. She ate dinner around 6 tonight, and about an hour later she started throwing up everything she ate. She continued throwing up for the next hour until she was dry-heaving. She was exhausted, but every time she would finally fall asleep, she'd wake up and throw up again. I changed three times, and she changed pj's twice before I figured out how to arch my back in a way that it would go over my shoulder instead of on both of us. Poor thing.

I feel like life over here is sometimes a mad-house, but a fun mad-house. I'd rather be part of this craziness, than anywhere else. :)

2 comments:

EPBarker said...

Poor baby! I hope she feels better soon. And that little Boston. So cute.."I no fly like Buzz." I Love it.

Kate and Blake plus 3 said...

Washer and Dryer was my favorite new house purchase...after living in a washerless condo and then sharing my moms, I thought it was like best ever to have my own in my own house. Also, you bum I told you to wash whenever you wanted...I feel bad you had piles everywhere!

Forever!!!