Thursday, June 6, 2013

My Maddie. :)

 This girl. I seriously just love her. See that sweet smile? Don't let it fool you. 


Whenever we're at a playground one of the first things she does is find something to hang on. She'll hang for 5 minutes straight. :) 

Tonight after we got the kids to bed I went downstairs and began editing some pictures. Within 30 minutes Maddie started crying but I decided to wait it out and let her got to sleep. Being filled with more than her fair share if determination, 45 minutes later she was still crying. So I figured something was probably wrong, like she had a messy diaper. So like a fool, a rookie patent fool, I went into her room. I was immediately greeted with Maddie saying "mommy I broke it." I couldn't see what she had so I walked closer "what did you break?" Although I couldn't see her I could tell by her voice she was smiling. She new she had won. "I broke it, dolly." And she handed me her dolls pants and her half naked doll. I laughed a little and said "is this why you've been up here crying? You took the pants off your dolly?" To which she responded "yup. You fix it!" I dressed the doll again and as I laid the doll down Maddie three her arms around me and said "I carry you" which means you carry me. I knew I had already blew it by falling for her crying and going in the room in the first place, and rather than fight with her on going back to bed I told her she could hang out with dad while I went to the bathroom but then she had to go right back to bed.
When we walked into the room she jumped out of my arms and snuggled right in to her dad. He laughed when I told him what happened and said she could stay with him. I went to the bathroom and heard her chatting away to Chris the whole time. When I came back out and said it was bed time she burrowed into him even more. We all know Chris has a weak spot for Maddie, especially when she cuddles into him and they both have me puppy dog eyes that said "please can we stay just like this a little longer?" I gave in and said they could hang out but Chris had to put her to bed. I heard him take her to bed around 10, about 40 minutes after I left them. Then as I climbed into bed tonight thinking how much I lived my kids I stepped on something (or somethings) odd. I grabbed my phone and lit up the floor to find that my tums we dumped out all over the floor. evidence that my sweet, determined, and mischievous Maddie had been playing and not cuddling like she was supposed to be while spending quality time with her daddy. Oh how I love my kids and the evidence they leave behind. 

Today's evidence of Maddie: tums dumped out twice all over my room, downstairs sink clogged with shredded toilet paper and toys, nesquick dumped on. Dried poptart on the bathroom door, and sink. The kitchen floor and wet paper towels smeared with chocolate in her attempt to either paint or clean up, at least a gallon of water all over the bathroom floor thanks to a purple bucket I left with in reach during bath time and two completely soaked towels from said bucket and bath time. Those are just the ones I can think of right now. 

Boston's evidence: Spider-Man masks and toys all over the house, multiple changes of clothes from changing into different super hero themed pj's through out the days. Pillows from the couches all over the floor. Leftover quesadillas under a "fort" (cup) on the kitchen table. Spongebob yogurt and fruit snack wrappers in random places around the house. Hulk hands and toys everywhere, jake and the never land pirates battleships left in the hall, a beach ball sprinkler in the living room, and very dirty toilet from missed attempts aka distracted aiming  while going to the bathroom. 

No comments:

Forever!!!