Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Nothing much.

I don't know about anybody else, but for me it's been HOT lately. I'm sure it's because I'm pregnant, but I swear every day is sweltering.

So far this pregnancy has flown by. I can't believe I'm 30 weeks, and that it's June already! This pregnancy has been mostly uneventful. There was a week where I was having contractions, and had to go in for a stress test, but then everything calmed back down to boring and normal. We have no names yet, although Boston is now calling the baby Savannah. He also tells everybody that his new sister's name is Savannah. That's probably the top name on our list right now, so it very well could be.

He's so excited to have another sister, and LOVES to feel her move. Every morning he comes into my room and puts his hand on my stomach and tells the baby to wake up so he can feel her. Then he waits for her to kick, and when she does he gets so excited! Then he grabs my hand and puts it on his stomach and says "Mom, my dragon wants to move, you have to say wake up, so he'll kick you" and then we both act surprised that the dragon kicks his tummy. He is also getting so courageous. For the first few years everything scared him. Many things still do, but he conquers new things all the time. While in Colorado this last week he took a ski lift and went down the Alpine slide and Loved it so much he could have done it all day! Then, the next day we went to the carnival and he went on the ferris wheel and was beaming the whole time. A year ago he would have been petrified, in tears, and probably would have forced the workers to stop the ride to let him out, but not this year. Afterward he used his last three tokens to go on this big slide that you had to climb up to through a mini obstacle course. I was pretty sure he was going to freeze in terror at some point and we'd have to climb up and get him, but he didn't. Not even once. I think I was beaming bigger than he was by the end of the night because I was so proud of him! It blows my mind how quickly he's growing up. As we were walking home that night after the carnival he said "Mom, I was so brave! I wasn't even worried, and i never even cried!!"  I love that little boy!

Maddie is just Maddie. Cute as ever, but is a tornado with attitude. I spend so much of my time either stopping her from creating a disaster, or cleaning up after her most recent one. She's always got the sweetest little face, and it's so easy to be taken in. It doesn't help that she is usually is some pretty pink princess dress, so you just never suspect her of being so mischievous.  She is quite the instigator. Most of the fights that break out between my two kids Maddie is the one who starts it. Don't get me wrong, Boston plays the role of the big brother really well. Maddie is my dace buddy. She loves watching SYTYCD with me and it's so fun to watch her twirl and move all over the room. Her favorite new past time is jumping on our neighbors trampoline. She probably asks for it 100 times a day. Thank heavens we have a good neighbor who lets us go over and jump, or we'd have one upset girl all the time. She is so much fun, and keeps me on my toes, and even though her little stubbornness can drive me up a wall, I love seeing how much fire burns within her all the time! She reminds me of me and that's fun. (Especially since neither of my kids look anything like me, it's nice to see me in their personalities)

We're adjusting to Chris's new schedule, and though we don't see him nearly as much (which wasn't a lot before) we are glad that he's much more alert when he is home. He has said so many times that he is blown away at how nice Canadians are and how is really enjoying working with them. What's also nice is that as of right now, he doesn't have any business trips scheduled for the rest of the year. And even if a few get added, they're not going to be long business trips like when he goes to Europe.

Our yard is finished, I am growing things in a garden (Yikes), and our basement is underway. We are probably the most excited about the basement! I'm going to have to do a picture update this next time. I have so many, but most of them are on my phone, and I'm too lazy to get them on my computer right now).

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

So glad Chris is liking Canada. I feel like I havent seen you forever! We should do together before the baby come. PS I love the name savannah. That is our top name for a girl... if we ever have one.

Forever!!!