Wednesday, September 17, 2008

La Obra del Senor



Last night I had the opportunity to go out with the sister missionaries. Sister Gonzales is from Mexico, and the other sister is from Guatamala...I can't remember her name off the top of my head...It was such a neat experience. It was interesting sitting there remembering what it was like as the missionary to love the family so much and seeing them receive inspiration on what to say and how to teach certain concepts. You really could feel the spirit in the room so strongly and the authority they had to teach the gospel. We went to a young family in Provo. The mother is from Mexico, the father is from Guatemala. They have 5 young under the age of 5, and the mom's brother is living with them too.

I felt like I was on a mission again...almost. I felt a love for these people who were wanting to bring Heavenly Father more into their lives, and yet I had no anxiety of being the missionary. That was nice. :) Anyway, the sisters taught them about the Book of Mormon and Prayer. It was a great lesson, and I was able to bear my testimony a few times, and answer some of their questions. The mom was ready to get baptized, but she wasn't married to the dad, so they're trying to bring him up to speed so that they can get married and baptized together. Which usually seemed to be what I ran into on my mission, the mom was ready and you just had to bring the dad along so they could take that step together. So at the end of the night the dad said the prayer! Which I didn't know that it was such a big deal. As soon as we left, and the front door was closed, the sisters started jumping up and down and were saying what a good lesson it was and how they couldn't believe that he prayed.

I watched them just fall in love with this little family all over again and experience the true joy that comes from seeing people you love accept or progress in the gospel. On my mission I experienced the highest highs and the lowest lows I have ever known. I was so glad that I could be apart of one of those highs with the sisters last night.

I am so thankful that I served a mission, and I'm even more thankful that they asked me to go with them. If you ever have the chance to go out with the missionaries, do it! It is such a neat experience, and you'll be glad you did. I came home last night singing hymns and Primary songs, and I even dreamed about everybody I had loved on my mission. Now I'm mostly just rambling. I wish I had the words to express how much I needed that spiritual boost. I'm so grateful I went. I love the gospel!

1 comment:

Camie said...

I'm glad you had such a neat experience!! It was so fun to see you last Saturday!

Forever!!!