Monday, February 13, 2012

Triathlon Week 5

This week was amazing! Last week I skipped the running, and focused on breaking my bad habit of crappy breathing while swimming with my mom. I'll be honest I was avoiding getting into the pool so I ran first, and then biked, and then hesitated. I took my time changing, and walking out to the pool. Then I hesitated some more putting on my swim cap and deciding where to swim. The Lone Peak swim team were in most of the lanes, and then a little kids swim team were practicing on the other side with about 3 lanes in between. I considered going to the far end of the pool so nobody would see me if I failed, but then a thought occurred to me, what if swimming in the lanes forced me to keep swimming because I couldn't touch the bottom. It would force me to figure it out and get into a rhythm. So I picked a lane right in the middle of the two swim teams. And you know what? I did it!!!! The breathing, the form, everything just fell right into place like I had been doing it for years! I was so excited I was almost giggling as I was swimming (not recommended). I finished without feeling water logged (?). I want to go back tomorrow and the next day and the next day to see how fast I could get it done!

Running: 3 miles: 40 minutes
Biking: 12 miles: 21 minutes
Swimming: 400 meters: 14 minutes.
Weight: 192

No comments:

Forever!!!